Sunday, October 16, 2011

Saturdays...

When I look at my life and the people in it who love me, I realize I am one lucky guy. I must have done something really right to have so many wonderful people in my life! Thank you GOD! Ok here is a look into a typical Saturday:


It was a WONDERFUL Saturday in the Atchley household! We kicked it off with cartoons and breakfast and then headed out to baseball practice for Avery with his select team. He worked on hitting and did a GREAT job! I had a wonderful time bonding with my son. He is a great player but an even better young man. We had a lot of fun! It was also great seeing all my friends who help coach the team (Mark, Q, Wade and Ben David)! We had fun catching up and I look forward to getting together with them soon. It was a beautiful morning on the ballfield: high 60s, blue skies, green grass, red dirt on the in field, dew still on the grass...AWWWWW what a great start to the day!


Followed that with spending time with my wife and kids including letting our new bunny, Midnight, run around the backyard doing fly jumpkicks! All the kids were outside playing and enjoying the wonderful weather and just being together!


We then loaded up and made a beautiful drive out into the hill county to Spring Branch Middle School where the mighty Big Red Varsity (6th graders) LT Cavs took on the Spring Branch Rangers. This was for Travis's team. He played great! He played awesome at receiver and made several plays at cornerback! Trav's team won 25 - 0. I am soooo proud of him!


We came back to our beautiful home in the Hill Country and had several neighborhood kids come over to play with our kids. They were playing tag on scooters! They were laughing and having a great time!


I watched the Longhorn football game with my family and enjoyed seeing the progression and improvement of both the offense and defense. It was nice to see the Horns be able to play the Ok State Cowboys straight up and almost pull it out! A few adjustments here and there and a bit more experience and we will be good to go. It was fun watching the game and talking about it with Austin and Travis!


We finished off the day with a movie for the little kids, took our Austin to his friends house for a sleepover and Bren and I went to the Galleria to walk, talk and hold hands! 


It was a great, great day! I LOVE my life!


Until the next time,


Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment