Thursday, September 29, 2011

eDiscovery / legal consulting

It is amazing to me how much this industry has grown over the last 10 years. I remember running a discovery project 11 years ago that required my team to scan in more than a million documents. We had NO IDEA what we were doing or how to do it! My Firm purchased custom software that allowed us to make the documents OCR searchable. Once again, we had NO IDEA what we were doing! We were on the cutting edge at that time. No one else was doing it. Im not even sure we were doing it! We were eDiscovery pioneers and did not even realize it! Somehow, someway, we managed to figure it all out as we worked our way through it and as a result of our hard work and the things we were able to find during that eDiscovery project, the case was settled for over $300 million.

Over the years since, I have run or consulted on numerous voluminous discovery projects for small firms, large firms and huge corporations. When I think back to that first project, I am amazed at how rapid the industry has grown and the advancements made in software and hardware that actually make all of this possible. It is certainly a lot easier today than it was then. But maybe not as much fun!

I look forward to continued participation in this industry and helping it grow in any way I can.

Until the next time,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment